Tuesday, June 24, 2014

DIY Play Kitchen Cuteness

Over the last few years I have had a little plastic kitchen in my room that I got from Walmart.  I never really have liked it, and it is very hard to store when not using.  So....at the end of the school year I gave it to another teacher.  I was not sure what I would do, but I knew I would make my own creation of a kitchen.  I have researched Pinterest and got lots of great ideas.  This week it hit me what I was going to do.  Take a look at the little kitchen I created with hardly any cost.  Pretty much every thing on it I already had.  I took pictures step by step if you decide to get your craftiness on.



The kitchen was made from a small rolling tv stand we have had for years.  In fact it has been sitting under the carport and had lots of spider webs before it was cleaned up.  :-)

The counter was made from some leftover tile that I used in my kitchen.  

I painted the top of the stand and then glued the tile on top to form the counter.

The burners were made from gluing 3 cds on top of each other with hot glue.
After gluing them together, I painted them to look like burners. 

Here they are glued down.  

The oven and microwave were made with felt.  I glued the blue on top and painted the  felt.  They are  glued on like curtains.  

The knobs are just simple drawer knobs that have been painted black, and then all  wording was added. After gluing all items down I covered them with modge podge to seal it.  

The back board with made from the cardboard pieces from the tile.  I glued them 3 thick and put paint sticks on the pack to help with stability.  I covered it with border and put modge podge on it to seal it.  The back splash is an aluminum pan that the sides are cut off.  The window is cardboard again covered with modge podge and curtains.  

We put hooks on each side that we had and I hung my pots and pans that I bought from IKEA a few weeks ago.  

The curtain was made by taking a paint stick and hot gluing the material on the stick.  I gathered it as I glued.  Got a little glue burn from this step.  :-(  The cutting board is from the Dollar Tree.  

The food was bought with a gift card I had at the end of the year, and the dishes are from IKEA.  

The rack for the oven believe it or not is a cookie cooling rack from the Dollar Tree.  You get two in a pack.  
I hope you enjoyed looking at my little kitchen as much as I had making it.  I'm in love with it and can't wait to get it in my classroom.  

Happy Summer DIY Crafting
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. They are gonna be picking the kitchen center first, I see that in our future!! Great job.
    Ms. Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete